Effective May 19th 2020
Reopening May 26th 2020
Per the Responsible Restart Ohio Guidelines Fit Club will reopen its doors to members to train onsite May 26th, 2020 at 4:30 AM. We will schedule equipment return times from May 20-24th and allow class registration on May 21st. All classes will be limited to 10 members per class. There will be 117 classes available from May 26th- June 7th. We will evaluate the attendance during those class times and make adjustments to the schedule as needed.
- Health & Safety- We will safely operate while maintaining the health of our staff and customers ( members). We will adhere to the highest safety standards for both to ensure we can continue to serve our community.
- Develop best operating practices and procedures moving forward so that future occurrences can be handled with proven experience and methods.
- Get back to being awesome and helping people get in the best shape of their lives and have a great time doing it
Fit Club is a 10,000 square foot facility with 20’ ceilings and three 10’ x 15’ garage doors that open up and provide a lot of fresh air and light. Handwashing stations will be located outside the front door or just inside the front door ( incase of rain) and walking paths and exits will be clearly marked. A full class of 10 and two staff will allow over 800 square feet of open space per person. This is far more open space than is provided in most gyms and other establishments open. There are ten -10’x24’ stations fully outfitted with all equipment needed for the day. The entire facility is being disinfected by a professional Hazmat cleaning company on May 25th. Additionally each station, bathroom and changing room will be disinfected after each use by Fit Club staff. Deep cleaning and disinfection of all areas will be performed once a week
All FC Staff will wear masks during onsite work shifts as well as during any onsite classes or training sessions.
Fit Club App for scheduling
- Members will go here https://fitclubcolumbus.com/account/cc. To download the app to schedule equipment return and classes. If they have already done this they do not need to do it again
- The app will ask for updated credit card info, please update it, you will not be double charged.
- Then it will ask for log in and password info.
- Now you can register for class, shop and update card info. The app will also be the main vehicle for gym communication.
- Once members are registered for class they will get an email confirmation. They can register from a phone or computer. There is a limit to ten people per class. They can register up to 5 days in advance. They may only register for one class a day. If the class they want is full they can be put on a waitlist and reserve another spot for that day. If they cannot make a scheduled time they have until one hour before class to cancel their reservation. If a reservation is canceled the waitlist will go to the first person on the list.
Equipment Return Schedule
Members can reserve equipment return times on the Fit Club app. There are 10 open spots per hour. Reserve one of the times on the schedule, show up and wait to be signaled to enter the building and return equipment. All equipment that was borrowed must be returned. People wanting to wait a few weeks to return to the gym may still keep their equipment and train at home they just need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm. Provided there is enough equipment to run a class at the gym this isn't a problem. If equipment gets tight members will be asked to return needed items. Please make every attempt to return equipment at the times listed as I do not have a lot of extra time this week. I do not want to deal with returning equipment during class times.
All lockers will be cleaned out prior to return. Members with items in lockers will be asked to take them home so lockers can be cleaned, disinfected and painted. Items that aren't picked up will be kept in bags for a limited amount of time then disposed of. Lockers will be reissued when we have a better understanding of all our operation procedures
Members will reserve class times on the Fit Club app. Classes may be scheduled from 30 minutes to 5 days in advance. 4:30 AM must be scheduled 24 hours in advance and canceled no less than 12 hours in advance. Athletes will be able to arrive 10 minute before class time. Classes will be for 60 minutes with 30 minutes between each class for disinfection and set up time. All athletes will pre register for class with a ten person limit of class attendance. We will reassess the class schedule after two weeks and make any adjustments needed.
This is the class schedule for May 26th- June 7th
Monday - Friday- All General CrossFit
4:30 AM, 6:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM
7:30 AM ( Comp WOD), 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM ( all socially distanced Team WOD)
9:00 AM, 10:30 AM ( Yoga), 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM
* Yoga will be onsite and available via zoom
* All programming will still be available on Beyond the Whiteboard
* Some on site classes may be live on ZOOM, Instagram,Facebook and Youtube
I have operated the gym for 12 years with only two real rules
- Be Cool! leave the gym better than you found it. If you make a mess, clean it up. If you have a bad attitude ( even if it’s temporary,leave it at the door). If someone needs help, lend it. If you make a mistake, take responsibility. DON’T gossip. Solve your problems or get over them. Have fun!
- Be Awesome! That means finding the limits of your potential. You’re not here to be good. You’re not here for shortcuts. You are here to get better and be great. That means taking some chances, going all out, and helping others to do the same. Do the work!
Implementing these rules may look a little different but the message and intent is the same. Have fun, do the work!
The below will be strictly enforced by staff. They may sound strict but we are trying to proceed as safely as possible. I don't want anyone ( staff or members) to feel like we haven’t done everything possible to ensure their health and safety. Restrictions will be lifted as appropriate. Patience, compassion and understanding are critical. Each day things will get easier. The unknown will become known and eventually we will be back to all the things we enjoy about the gym. You made it through the first gym quarantine in history, you can make it through the first reopening.
- All members must have a reservation to come to the gym or parking lot. If they do not have a reservation to be at the gym they will be sent home.
- Members may enter the building no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled class time. If they arrive early they will wait in their car and or stay 6 feet away from other people. This allows other people to leave safely. They can talk in the parking lot before and after, go for a run or bike ride.
- Please no parking lot work outs. I will have extra equipment available outside for extra credit but that needs to be organized and disinfected properly. I also don't want any extra attention
- There will be hand washing stations located outside of the gym. Wash your hands before entering the building.
- At 10 minutes before class members can enter the gym through the front door. The door will be open to minimize surface contact
- For the first two weeks face coverings or masks will be required to enter the gym. This isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Some will be available but athletes will need to provide their own. I’m sure there will be questions or reactions. We will discuss it but this is how it will be for two weeks. After that we are likely looking at specific class times that require a mask and others that do not. I have talked with several medical professionals within CrossFit about this and am confident this is the best option for everyone's health and safety moving forward. Be respectful and patient. With more info I’m sure you will understand my decision, I am happy to discuss it with anyone. I know this may not be possible for some, I am willing to find individual solutions to different situations but that requires a conversation.
- Once members hands are washed and they are in the gym they will have their temperature taken ( Must be below 100.4 degrees F/38 degree C) and sign in on a clipboard at the Front Desk. They will initial next to their name and acknowledge they meet all health criteria to participate in class. This can also be accomplished via the app.
- After hand washing, temp check and sign in they will proceed to their assigned work out station. They will be instructed to stay inside their assigned area. If they need water or other drinks staff will bring them to them. If they have to use the bathroom we will do that in a discreet but organized fashion so we can disinfect afterwards. If they have to use the changing room before class it will be first come first serve. Please note we will disinfect the changing rooms and bathrooms after every use. So plan accordingly.
- Class will begin on time with a warm up. All needed equipment will be at their assigned station. If they need something different due to modifications the coach will get it and bring it to their stations.
- After about a 15 minute warm up we will start the Skill/Strength part of class. This will take 15-20 minutes. This aspect of training has been hard to execute for many over the quarantine so we will focus a little extra on this. Don't worry we will be gradual. All needed equipment will be at their assigned station. If they need something different due to modifications the coach will get it and bring it to your stations.
- After the Skill/Strength segment we will brief and set up the WOD. All needed equipment will be at their assigned station. If they need something different due to modifications the coach will get it and bring it to your stations.
- At the completion of the class they will return all equipment back to its assigned location for the day ( Leave it the way you found it). Coaches will take care of disinfecting the entire station between classes.
- At the conclusion of class they will be instructed to leave the gym via the exit in the back of the gym. This may be moved to one of the Garage doors if I can get stairs or a ramp built in time. Listen to the coach and you will be fine.
- All entry points, stations and exit points are clearly marked on the floor and with signage.
What's going on in the 30 minute between classes?
:00-:15min - All equipment and used areas ( Bathrooms, lobby and floors, etc.) will be sprayed with disinfectant.
:15-:30- All equipment and used areas ( Bathrooms, lobby and floors, etc.) will be wiped down by staff. Staff will check in all registered athletes for the next class
What do members need to bring?
- A mask- all athletes and staff will be required to wear a mask or face covering when entering, using and leaving the facility. Masks and face shields will be provided to staff and some on hand for members.
- Clean/Gym only shoes- Members will be asked to use seperate shoes in the gym from regular daily use. They can change in and out of them in their car. Bring something to disinfect them down before they put them back in their gym bag.
- Hand sanitizer- I am going to set up hand washing and sanitizing stations up outside for use when entering and leaving the gym.
To come to the gym members must schedule a time online, show up and sign in. This requires a temperature check and acknowledgement that they are symptom free. We know when class starts and ends and who was there before and after, what their email, phone and address are and where they work. All that being said, none of your information will be used for spam, selling off lists or anything other than furthering the health and safety of our members. I will not share any private or health info with anyone other than the proper health authorities in a health crisis. I respect and will protect your privacy.
We are all eager to jump right in and begin where we left off but that is not exactly what is going to happen. During shut down it has been impossible for some to work on specific movements, skills and lifts. While we will follow the same class format we will spend more time on the skill and strength portion and a little less on the Met-Con. My thought here is the Met- Con involves more deep inhaling and exhaling than strength movements and that should be minimized initially and who want to do burpees with a mask. Members will be encouraged to go outside to the park for additional conditioning work.The Scioto Audubon park is 120 acres so there is ample room to do so safely.
Thank you. This has been difficult for everyone. I appreciate your patience and support. We aren't done with this yet but I am confident we are through the hardest part.