Effective June 8th 2020
After a successful Phase one we are moving on to Phase 2 of our reopening. There were a lot of challenges, some technical but mostly we learned working out in masks is hard, totally possible but hard. Thank you for staying true to the standard and showing respect and consideration for everyone inthe room
GOALS - These are the same
- Health & Safety- We will safely operate while maintaining the health of our staff and customers ( members). We will adhere to the highest safety standards for both to ensure we can continue to serve our community.
- Develop best operating practices and procedures moving forward so that future occurrences can be handled with proven experience and methods.
- Get back to being awesome and helping people get in the best shape of their lives and have a great time doing it
- Move on to Phase 3- TBD June 18th, 2020
Fit Club is a 10,000 square foot facility with 20’ ceilings and three 10’ x 15’ garage doors that open up and provide a lot of fresh air and light. Handwashing stations will be located outside the front door or just inside the front door ( incase of rain) and walking paths and exits will be clearly marked. A full class of 10 and two staff will allow over 800 square feet of open space per person. This is far more open space than is provided in most gyms and other establishments open. There are ten -10’x24’ stations fully outfitted with all equipment needed for the day. The entire facility is being disinfected by a professional Hazmat cleaning company on May 25th. Additionally each station, bathroom and changing room will be disinfected after each use by Fit Club staff. Deep cleaning and disinfection of all areas will be performed once a week
All FC Staff will wear masks during onsite work shifts as well as during any onsite classes or training sessions.
Fit Club App for scheduling
- Members will go here https://fitclubcolumbus.com/account/cc. To download the app to schedule equipment return and classes. If they have already done this they do not need to do it again
- The app will ask for updated credit card info, please update it, you will not be double charged.
- Then it will ask for log in and password info.
- Now you can register for class, shop and update card info. The app will also be the main vehicle for gym communication.
- Once members are registered for class they will get an email confirmation. They can register from a phone or computer. There is a limit to ten people per class. They can register up to 5 days in advance. They may only register for one class a day. If the class they want is full they can be put on a waitlist and reserve another spot for that day. If they cannot make a scheduled time they have until one hour before class to cancel their reservation. If a reservation is canceled the waitlist will go to the first person on the list.
Equipment Return Schedule
Most equipment is returned. Some people still have a few things and that is ok as they are still trainig from home for personal reasons. We will continue to support them anyway we can
All lockers have cleaned out and disinfected. They will be painted and refinished and reissued. Left over items were cleaned and are still available for pick up. If you have items please try to remember to pick them up
Members will reserve class times on the Fit Club web app. Classes may be scheduled from 30 minutes to 7 days in advance. 5:00 AM must be scheduled 24 hours in advance and canceled no less than 12 hours in advance ( This will change in Phase 3, I just dont know how to do it yet). Athletes will be able to arrive 10 minute before class time. Classes will be for 60 minutes with 30 minutes between each class for disinfection and set up time. All athletes will pre register for class with a ten person limit of class attendance. We will reassess the class schedule after two weeks and make any adjustments needed. We moved 4:30 AM to 5AM and havethe next class at 6AM. This short turnover makes it challenging to clean everything and transition the new class in and get the old class out while still respecting boundaries and social distancing standards. It is working out to the Credit of the 5& 6 AM Dawn Patrol crew. We will get better at itthis week and hope to see what we can do with other classes
This is the class schedule for June 8th- June 21st
Monday - Friday- FC Class WOD
5:00 AM, 6:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM ( No 7:30 PM Friday)
7:30 AM ( Comp WOD), 9:00 AM ( socially distanced Team WOD, we will expand this to 20 people and go outside, )
9:00 AM, 10:30 AM ( Yoga),
* Yoga will be onsite
* All programming will still be available on Beyond the Whiteboard
I have operated the gym for 12 years with only two real rules
- Be Cool! leave the gym better than you found it. If you make a mess, clean it up. If you have a bad attitude ( even if it’s temporary,leave it at the door). If someone needs help, lend it. If you make a mistake, take responsibility. DON’T gossip. Solve your problems or get over them. Have fun!
- Be Awesome! That means finding the limits of your potential. You’re not here to be good. You’re not here for shortcuts. You are here to get better and be great. That means taking some chances, going all out, and helping others to do the same. Do the work!
Implementing these rules may look a little different but the message and intent is the same. Have fun, do the work!
The below will be strictly enforced by staff. They may sound strict but we are trying to proceed as safely as possible. I don't want anyone ( staff or members) to feel like we haven’t done everything possible to ensure their health and safety. Restrictions will be lifted as appropriate. Patience, compassion and understanding are critical. Each day things will get easier. The unknown will become known and eventually we will be back to all the things we enjoy about the gym, in many instances this has allready happened, keep your head down, keep working and making the best of it. All members must have a reservation to come to the gym or parking lot. If they do not have a reservation to be at the gym they will be sent home.
- Members may enter the building no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled class time. If they arrive early they will wait in their car and or stay 6 feet away from other people. This allows other people to leave safely. They can talk in the parking lot before and after, go for a run or bike ride.
- Please no parking lot work outs. I will have extra equipment available outside for extra credit but that needs to be organized and disinfected properly. I also don't want any extra attention
- There will be hand washing stations located outside of the gym. Wash your hands before entering the building.
- At 10 minutes before class members can enter the gym through the front door. The door will be open to minimize surface contact
- Athletes are NOT required to wer a mask while training. If they want one they must provide their own
- Once members hands are washed and they are in the gym they will have their temperature taken ( Must be below 100.4 degrees F/38 degree C) and check in on a the Fit Club web app. Checking in acknowledges they meet all health criteria to participate in class.
- After hand washing, temp check and check in they will proceed to their assigned work out station. They will be instructed to stay inside their assigned area. If they need water or other drinks staff will bring them to them. If they have to use the bathroom we will do that in a discreet but organized fashion so we can disinfect afterwards. If they have to use the changing room before class it will be first come first serve. Please note we will disinfect the changing rooms and bathrooms after every use. So plan accordingly and be courteous.
- Class will begin on time with a warm up. All needed equipment will be at their assigned station. If they need something different due to modifications the coach will get it and bring it to their stations.
- After about a 15 minute warm up we will start the Skill/Strength part of class. This will take 15-20 minutes. This aspect of training has been hard to execute for many over the quarantine so we will focus a little extra on this. Don't worry we will be gradual. All needed equipment will be at their assigned station. If they need something different due to modifications the coach will get it and bring it to your stations.
- After the Skill/Strength segment we will brief and set up the WOD. All needed equipment will be at their assigned station. If they need something different due to modifications the coach will get it and bring it to your stations.
- At the completion of the class they will return all equipment back to its assigned location for the day ( Leave it the way you found it). Coaches will take care of disinfecting the entire station between classes.
- At the conclusion of class they will be instructed to exit the gym. Athletes can do extra credit or socialize outside the gym.
- All entry points, stations and exit points are clearly marked on the floor and with signage.
What's going on in the 30 minute between classes?
:00-:15min - All equipment and used areas ( Bathrooms, lobby and floors, etc.) will be sprayed with disinfectant.
:15-:30- All equipment and used areas ( Bathrooms, lobby and floors, etc.) will be wiped down by staff. Staff will check in all registered athletes for the next class
What do members need to bring?
- A gym towel- This helps with sweat and to keep hands dry during hotter training sessions
- Clean/Gym only shoes- Members will be asked to use seperate shoes in the gym from regular daily use. They can change in and out of them in their car. Bring something to disinfect them down before they put them back in their gym bag.
- Hand sanitizer- I am going to set up hand washing and sanitizing stations up outside for use when entering and leaving the gym.
- Chalk- Members were issued personal chalk bags upon return to the gym. Fit Club will no longer have communal chalk buckets. Athletes may use their own powder or liquid chalk.
To come to the gym members must schedule a time online, show up and sign in. This requires a temperature check and acknowledgement that they are symptom free. We know when class starts and ends and who was there before and after, what their email, phone and address are and where they work. All that being said, none of your information will be used for spam, selling off lists or anything other than furthering the health and safety of our members. I will not share any private or health info with anyone other than the proper health authorities in a health crisis. I respect and will protect your privacy.
As we enter the fourth week of training focusing on strength and accessory work and shorter met cons is going well. We had several all time PR lifts for people, not post COVID PRs but all time PRs. We will continue this format for the next few weeks and see how it goes
Thank you. This is still very difficult for everyone. A lot is going on in the world nside and outside of the gym.I appreciate your patience and support. We aren't done with this yet but everyday training becomes easier.